Dryer And Dryer Vent Services

  • Dryer Vent Cleanout
  • Dryer Vent Repair & Installation
  • Dryer Repair

Testimonials

"The Maintenance Shop has cleaned our dryer vent every year for the past 5 years. The first time our ducting had fallen down in the crawlspace from the weight of soggy dryer lint, so they installed new metal duct in place of the foil tubing we had before."

Angela M.
Boise, Idaho

"Our clothes wouldn't dry, so Steve came out and found and removed a bird's nest in our dryer vent, with a ton of lint built up behind it."

Jennifer G.
Nampa, Idaho

"We had just moved into our new home and our clothes weren't drying at all. They stayed wet even after 4 hours. We called The Maintenance Shop to repair our dryer and he found nothing wrong with it. Turns out the vent was very clogged. What a relief! We are glad we didn't have to get a new dryer with so many other expenses when moving into a new place."

Carol B.
Star, Idaho

Our Dryer Vent Cleaning Services

Dryer Vent Information And Cleaning

A clean dryer vent will improve the efficiency of your dryer, (how well it dries your clothes), lowers your energy costs, and a clean dryer vent helps cut down on a possibly of a dryer fire in your home.

The Maintenance Shop can professionally clean all the parts of your dryer vent system from the lint trap to the outside vent.

 

If you have an electric dryer, each drying cycle of 45-60 minutes adds about $.75 to your power bill. If your dryer vent is clogged with lint, it could require an additional two or three cycles to dry your clothes because your dryer needs good air flow to operate properly. If you run your dryer several times in a rown to dry your clothes, it could cause it to overheat and start a fire.

An average lint trap catches about 60% of your dryer lint, while the remaining 40% goes through your dryer to the venting and hopefully to the outside of your home.

How To Lower Your Risk Of A Dryer Fire:

Use metal dryer ducting to help prevent dryer fires. Flexible dryer ducts made of foil or plastic are inexpensive and easier to work with, but are the most problematic because they can sag and let lint build up at low points and in the ridges. Metal ducting won't sag, and if a fire does start a metal duct will more likely contain it.

Whichever kind of ducting you have,you should have it cleaned at least once yearly, and remove any visible lint from the screen each time you use your dryer.

When drying clothes stained with chemicals such as gasoline, cooking oils, cleaning agents, or finishing oils and stains, wash the clothing a few times to minimize the amount of these chemicals on the clothing, and hang them up to dry instead of using a dryer.

Avoid the use of liquid fabric softeners on all-cotton clothing made of fleece, terry cloth, or velour. Liquid fabric softener added to rinse water accelerates the burning speed of these fabrics. If you want a softener, use dryer sheets instead.

 

Clogged Dryer Blower Housing

Clogged Dryer Blower Housing

This is the blower housing where the blower fan wheel spins when the motor runs.

This dryer blower housing was so clogged the wheel wouldn't turn at all. This is on a gas dryer, and could have cause a major fire at a rental house of one of my Kuna customers

Dryer Lint Buildup

Dryer Lint Build-Up

It is hard to judge in this picture, but there was enough dryer lint in this vent to fill a kitchen garbage bag.

By the time most homeowners call us to clean out their dryer vent this is the typical result. the dryer lint is so flammable that I keep a good supply in my emergency camping kit for a firestarter when natural material isn't available.

Dryer Fire

Clogged Dryer Vents Cause Fires

According to The National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), clogged dryer vents are a definite hazard causing property damage, bodily injury, and even death.

18,000 structure fires a year in the U.S. are caused by clogged or blocked dryer vents.